Information for international students

Vocational education at ROC Midden Nederland

Everyone who wants to follow vocational education (mbo) in the Netherlands needs a residence permit. For people with the nationality of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, other conditions apply.

More information about attending vocational education you can find at the website of the IND.

Schakeljaar at ROC Midden Nederland

Do you want to study at mbo level or higher, but you first want a preparatory year? Start with a ‘schakeljaar’ at our Vavo Lyceum. You can get used to the Dutch education system, and you improve your language skills. You need language level A2 (Schakelopleiding mbo) or level B1 (Schakelopleiding Hoger Onderwijs). For more information check the website (in Dutch) or send us an email (@email).

Courses for non-Dutch speaking students

Our vocational education is given in Dutch. You need to speak a certain level of Dutch in order to follow the education. Depending on the education level you can start with language level A1. We offer courses with extra language lessons in different sectors. Contact Jetske van Woerden for more information. (@email / +31 6 13 41 16 81)

Dutch language courses

Do you want to study at ROC Midden Nederland, but you do not speak the Dutch language? You first need to follow a Dutch language course. Ask the library in your neighbourhood about language courses, if you already live in the Netherlands. Do you still live outside the Netherlands? On the internet you can find several online courses to learn Dutch.

Get prepared

When you want to study in the Netherlands, you need to arrange quite a few things. Use the Pathfinder to know more about visa, insurance and other procedures.

Heb je vragen?

Studiekeuzevragen? Vraag het ons voorlichtingscentrum: