ROC Midden Nederland (Central Netherlands Regional Education and Training Centre) is the largest college in the central part of the Netherlands, with 24,000 students and more than 1,800 staff members. The make-up of the student population, representing over 140 different national backgrounds across all ages, reflects the rich diversity of Dutch society.
The thirteen colleges of ROC Midden Nederland
Our courses are held at 18 locations in the region Utrecht, Amersfoort and Nieuwegein. In total, we offer 257 different vocational courses at ROC Midden Nederland, subdivided by thirteen different colleges:
- Automotive College
- Beauty College
- Bouw & Interieur College (Construction and interior design)
- Business & Administration College
- Creative College
- Gezondheidszorg College (Health care)
- Facility, Horeca & Travel College
- ICT College
- Media, ICT & Design College
- Sport College
- Tech College
- Veiligheid & Defensie College (Security and Defence)
- Welzijn College (Welfare)
Development of individual talents
Training for business
- An international career
- Following part of a course abroad
- English-language and bilingual courses
- An international element to the competencies of the career
- The opportunity to build up international experience
- Strategic partnerships with partners in Europe and beyond
- International marketing of knowledge and products
- International solidarity.
At ROC Midden Nederland we don’t confine our view to the Netherlands. Many students go on work placements in foreign countries, and our lecturers have a wide international network. Furthermore, ROC Midden Nederland is involved in several international projects, often together with international partners.
USA Exchange Programme
Every year, six staff members from ROC Midden Nederland go on a two-week working visit to the USA. They are linked up with American colleges on the basis of their positions within our organisation and their learning aims. American colleagues draw up customised programmes for their visits. Six months later, the Americans come on an exchange visit to the Netherlands.